Magnificent Stage Design: Brandenburg Gate at O2-World Recreated
>> müllermusic and Das Schauwerk put the Brandenburg Gate in the Hall <<
Everybody knows the Brandenburg Gate: With a height of 26 meters and a width of 65 meters it is enthroned at the Pariser Platz above Berlin. The original was built from 1788 to 1791 by Carl Gotthard Langhans by the order of the Prussian King Friedrich Wilhelm II.
Although in autumn 2011 the history was not written new – however it happened as follows: An image of the Brandenburg Gate almost in original size was rebuilt at O2-World in Berlin. The architects were Das Schauwerk from Krefeld as well as müllermusic Event Technology, and they acted on behalf of Berlin Tattoo Productions GmbH from Lörrach.
Occasion of the happening was the German Premiere of Berlin Tattoo, a festival of international military music. From November 2 to November 4, 2011 it inspired 22.000 spectators at O2-World at first go. Thereby, 1.000 persons contributed and offered a broad musical variety of military marches, classic and pop.
With the Brandenburg Gate as scenery true to the original the festival became a spectacular success for all participants.
At the right you see some impressions during the installation. Here you will find more photos of the event – as well as additional information on Berlin Tattoo.
In cooperation with Das Schauwerk GmbH, which realized the Project Management as well as the furnishings, we were responsible for the static calculations and the technical implementation during the installation of this spectacular stage design.
Here are some details:
• Total weight of the construction acc. to static calculation: 14,6t
• Real weight due to construction related alterations during exhibition construction: app. 13t
• Total height incl. Quadriga: 25 meters at a width of 38 meters and a depth of 8 meters
• Height of columns: 12 meters
• 334 lm traverse of type prolyte H30-V
• Area of printed cloths: 2,200 m2
• Planning time: app. 6 weeks
• Time for construction: app. 24 hours
• Time for dismantling: app. 10 hours
• The scenery is constructed in such a way, dismantled and stored, that it may be used in the years to come.
If you have further questions to this project, please send an e-mail to Michael Grundmann, who was project head.
Berlin Tattoo Productions GmbH, Lörrach
O2 World, Berlin
Jan Keller, artEmotional GmbH, Ettenheim
Project management, furnishing and set design:
Thomas Floethe, Das Schauwerk GmbH, Stuttgart und Krefeld
Technical-planning, conception, structual engineering calculation and construction
Photographs © Das Schauwerk GmbH (except, if stated otherwise)